Stock option sale - Information is not reported on W-2, did not receive any forms - how to report on Turbo Tax for 2019?

Hello,

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me figure out how to correctly report my stock option income correctly for 2019. 

In 2018, I received some stock options from the small privately held company that I worked at. The agreement specifically states "This Option is NOT an incentive stock option under section 422 of the Internal Revenue Code and will be interpreted accordingly", which I think means that these are considered non-qualified stock options (but please correct me if I am wrong). The company was then acquired in 2019, and when it was acquired my stock options automatically exercised. I received a check for the amount of income I received from this sale. This is the only document I ever received - a check from my company for X amount of money.

This income did NOT appear on my W-2, and I did NOT receive any other sort of forms (no 1099s, etc.). 

I can't seem to figure out how to report this income correctly since it did not appear on my W-2 and I don't have any other forms from my company to use to input it. I did find the Schedule D section where it asks for information on a 1099-B for stock option sales, but I did not receive a 1099-B so I am not sure how else to input this income.

Thanks so much to anyone able to offer any insight! Really stressing about this, because I know I'll owe a small amount of tax on this income, but I just can't figure out how to report it correctly.

Edited to add - In case it is important, I am in California.