Get your taxes done using TurboTax

i mean it seems like I should indicate that it was sold in 2019 within the rental section, but the problem is the rental screen for "Do Any of These Situations Apply to This Property?" has the option for "I sold or disposed of this property in 2019" but it actually says in the Learn More note area: "Check this box if the entire interest in this property was disposed of in a fully taxable transaction
Do not check this box if the disposition was reported using the installment method, until the final year of payment.
If this box is checked, losses are not limited by the passive activity rules."

LOL ummm what?!?

So is the correct way to do this is pretend I still own everything... and then later on in the Installment sales section, it asks if this is in regards to any of the properties I've already mentioned and to link back to what I've already listed... and then list the sales info there in Installment sales section instead?

I'm asking for clarification coz https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/trying-to-report-an-i... it says "UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

Only report the sale as an installment sale [NOT in the Schedule E interview]." ??? Does that mean we just pretend we still own it in during the Rental section? (Am I understanding this right lol)

Sorry this is just confusing...like what is the difference where we indicate it was sold at, in the Rental section or the Sale of Business Property or Installment Sales area...and we only pick 1 of the areas to enter in the info then?