Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hi @macuser_22 ,

Thank you for detailed instructions but I do want to request another confirmation from you. I found a number of websites online (LLCs / benefits / community boards) that are saying that the removal of excess salary deferral has also been postponed to July 15. Do you have an IRS link or official statement from the .gov that shows that the relief is not extended to July 15 2020? That would be very helpful!

Here's a link to the IRS relief statement: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-20-23.pdf

Page 8, Section C states:

"C. Relief With Respect to Specified Time-Sensitive Actions Affected Taxpayers also have until July 15, 2020, to perform all Specified TimeSensitive Actions, that are due to be performed on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020. This relief includes the time for filing all petitions with the Tax Court, or for review of a decision rendered by the Tax Court, filing a claim for credit or refund of any tax, and bringing suit upon a claim for credit or refund of any tax. This notice does not provide relief for the time period for filing a petition with the Tax Court, or for filing a claim or bringing a suit for credit or refund if that period expired before April 1, 2020."

I realize this is an eleventh hour request but hoping you can devote some time to this inquiry! Appreciate your input and interpretation on section C above.

Thanks!