Get your taxes done using TurboTax

So, I made a hypothetical change to federal taxes after filing online and told it to ignore and discard the change. When I logged back in a couple weeks later, it had a balance due to federal (previous a refund) and the dependent change I tested did not restore when I said discard the edit.

There was no way to fix that online (but my transmitted and printed tax return was correct still). So I had to download the .tax file and I had a friend load it to their desktop version. He was able to add the dependent back in and proceed to try to file the HI state taxes online. After I was charged (I think now a 2nd time, the first previously for the online attempt) it got to the transmit step and then stopped on an error saying the Federal returns had to be filed at the same time with the state returns. Since I previously filed the Federal returns (of which the desktop version noted) I am unable to do this.  How do I transmit just the HI state return? The Federal and CA state returns were filed and accepted fine back in March.

Thank you.