The 1099-HC form is a Massachusetts tax document which provides proof of health insurance coverage for Massachusetts residents. Every Commonwealth of Massachusetts resident who has health insurance will receive a 1099-HC form. This form is provided by your health insurance carrier. To download an electronic copy of your Form 1099-HC, you may sign into your medical insurance carrier’s online account, or contact their member services at the number on your ID card for more information.
To complete your Massachusetts state tax return:
• Select the State taxes tab and go through the State interview process
• On the screen, Let's Go Over Your Health Insurance Information, select Continue
• When you come to the interview question When did you have minimum creditable coverage (MCC)? you will select the appropriate option which applies to your Health Insurance coverage
• When you come to the interview question What type of health insurance did you have in 2019? you will be prompted to select either option I had private insurance (including Connector Care) or I had something else
• In your Massachusetts return, enter the insurance company name and your subscriber number, but leave the FID blank. When asked if you received a 1099-HC, answer "No" if you do not have the form. You will see an error message during the state review. This error will not allow you to e-file, in which case you'll need to print and mail your MA tax return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"