Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ newyorker wrote:

I said I wasn't ready to file my New York State taxes yet so it went to mail, and now iI want to change it to e-file, but I can't get into the system to do that.

Does TurboTax think you were going to file by printing and mailing, so your return is closed, but you haven't actually mailed anything?  And are you asking how to change filing methods for your unfiled return?

If you haven't actually filed at all, you can open the return back up and change the filing method.

• Log into your account, and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (That doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return.)
  • Once the return is open, go through the REVIEW section to be sure everything is still in order.
  • Then go to the FILE section and change the filing method to efile.
  • Then continue on answering all the remaining screens and at the final step click a big orange button "Transmit Returns Now."

Or is your problem something else?  See the ADDENDUM in my next comment which follows this one.