pgood1

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I have completed my federal and state returns and I have tried to efile.  I have three state returns to file (NY, CT and MA).  When I try to efile, I get an error message advising me that:

"Res Sch 2 Wks (MA): Jurisdiction Code 1 should be equal to the 2 letter state code for this copy of the worksheet."

New York comes up in the box.  If I change it to MA, the next window says "Jurisdiction Code 2 should be equal to Jurisdiction Code 1."

If I make both blocks NY, I still get an error.  If I make both blocks MA, I still get an error.  I am unable to select CT because CT is not in the drop down list.  The error is on the CT Form because there is a "Schedule 2" that covers credit for income taxes paid to other jurisdictions.  For my taxes this year, those two jurisdictions are NY and MA.  I think the form has been completed correctly because MA and NY are the correct jurisdictions.  However,  the software is caught in a loop that tries to make both jurisdictions the same (even though they are actually different).  I tried to get around this by only efiling the federal, NY and MA returns.  I will have to paper file the CT return unless you can fix the problem so I can efile CT too.

Thanks for your help.