jonnyD14
Returning Member

Which version of TurboTax should I use?

I work as a waiter in a restaurant AND I have income from rideshare with Lyft. Do I use self-employed version of TurboTax a different one?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Before you spend money on the expensive Self-Employed--see if you qualify to use Free File instead.  You can enter your rideshare income and a schedule C for your expenses with Free File.

If you qualify to use it, there is another full-featured free version of the software:

Try Free File: 

You qualify if your income was $36,000 or less, or $69,000 or less if active duty military, or if you qualify for Earned Income Credit

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900583-what-is-turbotax-free-file-program

Note:  If you do not qualify to use Free File then you will have to upgrade to Deluxe or higher in the paid versions of the software.   

Online Deluxe $60  State software $50

Or—-Use this IRS site for other ways to file for free

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
jonnyD14
Returning Member

Thank you for your reply. I'm actually eligible to use TurboTax Self Employed for free based on reward points I've accrued with Lyft.

The crux of my question (which I don't see answered) is: I have TWO forms of income, one self-employed (rideshare), and one through an employer (waiter at restaurant). Which is the proper TurboTax product for me? Will TurboTax SE allow me to input regular W-2 income (waiter) besides the self-employed Lyft income? Does my question make sense now?

@jonnyD14 Yes you can enter any kind of income when you use Self_Employed including your W-2 income. 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
jonnyD14
Returning Member

Thanks.