Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I goofed and used the non filer: ENTER YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS(notice that doesnt read FILE YOUR NIL TAX RETURN) very early after it was introduced on 4/10. Many responses include condemnation for the error MANY of us made, but that set-up looked nothing like a return. It was a half page, 2 tab flim flam looking script a jr high class could have engineered. And it was misleading. I understand that NOW the associated guidance includes very clear warnings but early in its inception it wasnt that clear.

A person who had not filed taxes in recent years and had YET to file their 2019 return and also a person struggling and panicking that the IRS gets their deposit info, is the prime candidate for this error.

This is large scale whoopsiedaisy and it should warrant us a workaround fix so we may go ahead and efile our returns. We get our refunds, the IRS doesnt get a boatload of extra paper returns.

If the IRS is really going to stand behind it's new MODERNIZATION PLAN  ... this would be a prime candidate situation to show us.

What's the benefit of mailing a paper return? Nothing. It can get lost. Someone could discern my 1s for 7s. It's nothing more than some antiquated form of punishment and it should be abolished. Efiling is more efficient, accurate and saves taxpayers money reducing the "old number2 and paper" returns.

Come on uncle Sam... help us out. This is our first time doing corona. It's your first time doing corona. We mess up it costs us 6 months waiting. You mess up ... we can like it or lump it. We learn from our mistakes. Delete those bogus nil returns now. They are absolutely worthless since you've gleaned ENTER PAYMENT DETAILS from them.

PEOPLE FIRST INITIATIVE : "In addition to extending tax deadlines and working on new legislation, the IRS is pursuing unprecedented actions to ease the burden on people facing tax issues. During this difficult time, we want people working together, focused on their well-being, helping each other and others less fortunate."

------

Sorry.

To answer your question, yes I received the stimulus check after mistakenly using the non filer ENTER YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS form. When I later tried to efile it refused saying it was a duplicate ssn.

Would i rather have my $4,980 refund I'm owed? Pft!!!! YES