New Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No, the IRS requires a tax return to be filed for your daughter if she has:

  • unearned income was over $1,050
  • earned income was over $6,300, or
  • earned and unearned income together total more than the larger of (1) $1,050, or (2) total earned income (up to $6,300) plus $350.

You can learn more about the filing requirement for dependents here.

If your child wants to file a tax return, she can by filing her own tax return and then checking the box Someone else can claim me on their tax return in the personal information section.

Privacy Settings