Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I had the same exact experience. It was slow, wanky, crashed multiple times throughout. Had to redo my taxes twice. It was awful. Finally got to the point of e-filing, and the app crashed and would not open. Would flash a "verify update" message that disappeared quickly then the app inexplicably closed and would not open.

TT tech support was not helpful, uninformed.

I THINK THE KEY IS TO TRASH THE PREFERENCE FILE AND RESTART.

Here's how I finally got it to open, print and efile:

1) In the Finder, select the "Go" menu (at the top of the Finder screen), and in the pull done menu select "Go To Folder".

2) In the text field of the window that opens, type "~/Library" and then click "Go".

3) Select and open the "Preferences" folder.

4) In the "Preferences" folder, select the file named "com.intuit.TurboTax.2019.plist" and drag it to the trash.

5) Then close the Library window.

6) Empty the trash.

7) Shut down and restart your computer.

😎 Go to "system preferences" and then security/privacy and turn off firewall. (Don't know if this is necessary, but tt tech support recommended this. Remember to turn back on when you're done.)

9) Don't use a short cut to start turbo tax. Go to the applications folder, find turbo tax 2019, ctrl click and open.  At this point, it started a new update to the app, which loaded.  Expect a wait for that process. RESTART AGAIN.

10) Again, open turbo tax through applications folder. Took several computer restarts, inexplicably, but finally the app launched.  I recommend saving the file and printing it/pdf, so at least you have a hard copy to file if it fails again on efile. But I actually was able to efile it, once the app successfully launched.

Good luck! I personally will never use turbo tax again!