Tax Experts please answer: Does your 2019 Tax Return/Refund have to be approved before you receive the stimulus check?

I filed my taxes on Apr 4th through the TurboTax free Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers. When I go to the IRS website to check the status of my 2019 Tax Return/ Refund it said "Return Received", but haven't been approved it yet. I think they are still processing it. To get the stimulus check does the IRS have to approve your 2019 Tax Return/Refund first and if they do have to approve it how long will it take? TurboTax said both my State and Federal Tax Return were accepted by the State and Federal government   on Apr 4 because TurboTax e-filed them when I filled out the "free Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers." When I try to check my payment status through the IRS tool that launched it said "Payment Status Not Available." I'm wondering if the reason I'm getting that message and the reason that I haven't gotten my stimulus check yet is because my 20-19 Tax Return/Refund hasn't been approved.