Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I used TurboTax Deluxe version this year (2019 Jt. Return) as I have every year since it was originally MacinTax.

This year I electronically filed wayback in Feb. 2020 and all went well.  Other than having to fill in two diver's license data (which I thought odd) it was accepted - both Federal & State - and I received a refund in a few weeks after.  I never reviewed the printed worksheets until late when I got a letter from the IRS explaining why my refund had been REDUCED because they deleted the amount on "Federal Carry Over Worksheet" that said on p. 2 , line 8 of the worksheet I had over $ 1K Federal Overpayment applied to next year estimated tax.

I don't know where this info came from and, apparently, neither does the IRS.  I did not apply anything from 2018 Federal return to 2019 estimated taxes.  I only used 2018 TurboTax to calculate my estimated tax payments for 2019 and used that indo to make my estimated tax deposits throughout 2019.  

And those estimated quarterly tax payments is all the IRS used while deleting the $$$$ that TurboTax put on line 8, page 2 of the Federal overpayment applied to next year, e.g., 2018 to 2019 estimated taxes.

Since I knew/know that I didn't use any overpayment from 2018 return to pay estimated taxes I can't figure out how TurboTax came up with that data that was also applied to page 6 of the Tax Payments Worksheet.

Please review your IT logic for 2019 Deluxe version as I believe there is an error in the logic.  my records show that for 2018 that I owed over $1800 and paid that amount to the treasury by check on 4/14/2019. 

i.e, NO OVERPAYMENT from my previous return which the current return captured before working on this year's.   

I would appreciate a response after INTUIT/TurboTax team has a chance to look into the problem logic.

Phil Probst   

[phone number removed] or [phone number removed] (Mobile w/ texting)

1935 E. Derby Ct., Martinsville, IN  46151