If the income is from intellectual property rights you created as as inventor, writer, or artist, it is self-employment income.
You can report it on Schedule 1 line 8, but then the IRS won't recognize it as a 1099-Misc, and may ask you about it.
Report it under the income section
- Select 'Less Common Income'
- Then select 'Miscellaneous Income'
- Then select 'Other reportable income'
- The next screen will ask if you had 'Any Other Taxable Income?' Select Yes.
- The next screens will ask for a description and the amount.
The amount will be reported on Form 1040 Schedule 1 Line 8
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"