Mark86
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The forms show up and contains data in my software, but when I run the "error check"  it says that the form is not yet finalized to be released.  The form also shows in red print at the top "do not file".   When I looked into this error, I am told to run the update for the software, but it never updates to correct the form error.  Then I was told to try the manual update - I downloaded the file and when I run it, it indicates that I do not have Turbo Tax 2019 installed.  So basically, my software will not perform the update.  It has some "bug" in it.  I have tried to re-install and many different things - have spent hours trying to resolve.  My only way to get around is to go into the form and over-ride the data in the form as a delete or blank, then the form disappears, by doing this it does not affect the tax due amount, but I really should file the form.  Oh well, I am going to file with out the form and see what happens.  My state download works perfect, and updates, the federal doesn't seem to update - I have no update history for the federal software where as my state software shows an update history.  Others have had this problem too, I guess they just did what I'm going to do and blank out the form.