MFS223

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

INCORRECT!!! The "Expert" reply is not a solution. I have been attempting to submit my parent's federal tax returns for three days. I have called support five times. First off, nobody in support can answer the questions clearly. They pause and delay while they look up the answer which does not exist. The taxes have been rejected at least 8 times now over the past three days. Every time we get the email it says that either the PIN or the AGI is incorrect. Once you click on the check status and move to the next screen, it tells us the AGI does not match. INCORRECT! It does match. I imported 2018 into the program as I do every year. It fills the number in automatically. I then verify this number with last year's taxes which I have pdf copies of on my computer. Because Intuit INSISTED the problem was the government, I then created an account on the IRS website so I could see past transcripts. I verified the number is correct there as well. I have verified the s**t out of everything and STILL cannot get the (&@#$(%*Y* taxes to NOT be rejected. 

In the process of listening to support, I have created an additional nightmare for myself by following the steps on the IRS website to create an IP PIN. DO NOT DO THIS. An IP PIN is for Identity Protection. This means that every year you will have to get a new IP PIN to file your taxes. And for those that aren't aware, the IP PIN is 6 digits and goes in a completely different place than the digital signature area. One rep suggested I don't include a PIN at the digital signature spot. Guess what? NOT AN OPTION. You MUST throw a number in there. The software will not let you continue without it, yet I read somewhere that the Feds have done away with the PIN and they use the AGI from last year as verification. Why is it still there then? Is it holding things up? I've also been told to use $0 for the AGI but that didn't work. The $0 option is actually for those that filed late which we never do so crap advice. 

I do not want to file by mail. I want to do what I've always done which has NEVER been a problem. We file electronically and do not have to worry about postage or printing off a ton of pages. The problem is CLEARLY with TurboTax and I'm tired of getting s**t advice from a low-tier support agent. Take this seriously or you can refund my money. And while you are at it, how about we add a lawsuit for the stress this is causing? If the government keeps telling the software the AGI is incorrect but the software keeps showing me the correct number... the same number in the transcripts... I'd say the problem is in transmission from the software. And if the PIN is no longer necessary, then why can't it be skipped? By the way, if anybody actually gets through to the IRS, please tell me how you did it. Every time I go through the massive selection process, the system tells me it's too busy and to go f**k myself.