If your return has already been accepted, there is...
Level 5

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If your return has already been accepted, there is nothing you can do in the software at this point to change the address.  The refund will be returned to the IRS if it is undelivered.  If you return is rejected, you can change the address, fix the rejection, and resubmit.

If you are getting a refund through a direct deposit into a bank account, it shouldn't affect that process.

You could try to contact the IRS and state tax authority to see if they can help you before your refund is processed. Also, you can submit a Form 8822 to change your address with the IRS. They may not receive it until the refund is processed, but the new address will on file with them. Go to this link for that form How To Change Your Address With The IRS


IRS Telephone Assistance for Individuals:
Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040
  Expect long wait times. 

Alternatively, this link has the local IRS offices.  After going to the link, you can scroll down the page then click on the map for your location.  Contact Your Local IRS Office

State Taxing Authorities


This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings