Get your taxes done using TurboTax

This is definitely an issue (see thread 2019 Limit Deductible Mortgage Interest Question Not Working). I have the desktop TT program. I have 3 1098s.  One is the original loan, one is a refinance and the 3rd is a transfer. I sent my tax file to TT as requested regarding this issue. They have not responded.

There have been 2 work arounds suggested by TT users.

The first is to go into the actual form and check the “No” box.

The second is to answer the tax limitation question “No”, do not click continue, save the return, back out of the program, reopen the program and manually continue your return at the next step. 

I have actually tried both solutions and both cleared all the error checks and were deemed ready to efile. I have successfully efiled using the second work around. My return has been accepted and approved by the IRS and state. 
TT definitely needs to fix this problem. I don’t pay for tax software to have it calculate my taxes incorrectly. In my case, the error causes a taxes due amount of over $2500 vs a refund of over $500. Its unacceptable. It is doubly irritating to have TT repeated say “there is no bug”. I guess People can’t rely on TT to “Get your maximum refund, guaranteed”.