New Member

I have a 1099 Misc, I want to know if I have to file this and if so can I file it next year?

Level 13

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, you must include the 1099-MISC with your current return. No, you must include it this year and not use it next year, because all income for a given year must be reported in that year.

If you have already filed your 2016 return, then you will need to amend your 2016 return and add the 1099-MISC. Please wait about 3 weeks after you filed your original return before amending your return, to give the IRS time to finish processing your original return before they get your amendment return.

The 1099-MISC is a report on money that someone paid you, often for contract work (i.e., earned income but not as an employee).

View solution in original post