Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You should enter it under your spouse.


When you first enter business information under Self-employment income and expenses, TurboTax will ask you Who did this work or owned this business?


If your spouse did the work, you should indicate that it is his business.  This is because Self Employment tax has to be credited to an individual.


If you and your spouse own a business together, you’ll need to split your business income and expenses between the two of you according to ownership percentages, as if they were two separate businesses.  



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"