How do I import 2018 tax return from TurboTax online to 2019 TurboTax desktop

I've read and searched for awhile but can't find a satisfactory set of instructions to handle this issue.  Last year I successfully filed my taxes using TurboTax online -- 2018 return.  This year I purchased the 2019 TurboTax Premier so I could install the software on my Windows computer.  My hope was to make use of all of my details from the previous year including a list of 1099s and rental property info like depreciation, etc.  Though I have connected the desktop software to my Intuit account it doesn't seem to know much detail about my previous year's return.  I tried importing the .pdf file but that didn't seem to do much.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Entering all the information again seems to negate the benefit of using the software from the same company.  I read that the conversion doesn't help with depreciation and other computations but I don't see ANY benefit so far.  I hope the answer isn't to do the entire return on the TurboTax online only to convert it, somehow, into the desktop installed Premier version.