Remora123

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I had the same Error code 606 after  installing TT deluxe from CD version purchased thru Amazon.    After reading this thread I figured it was my Bitdefender causing the problem.  I took jk11's advice and ran Windows Event Viewer  (right click Windows starter icon; launch Event Viewer from drop down; click on "Windows Logs" then the "Application" tab).  Sure enough there was an "Application Error" showing "Faulting module path:C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\".  I did the following:

1. completely uninstalled TT
  2. shut off Bitdefender Anti-Virus
  3. rebooted
  4. went into my TT account, entered my license code and downloaded TT Deluxe from the website
  5. installed the downloaded file
  6. rebooted
  7. launched TT -- FYI the banner still came up as Basic
  8. TT asked to update (which it didn't do in earlier attempts when Anti-Virus was active)
  9. after the  update it asked for and accepted the license code and fully launched as the Deluxe version

After a few minutes, however, it did crash so I rebooted again (Anti-Virus was still off).  When I opened the program after the reboot it completed another update including a "critical" program update from 1/21/20.  Since then it's been stable even after turning Bitdefender back on.  I hope this helps anyone else with the Error 606 issue...