When filling out the income information, do I put my income in both the 'self-employment' area and the 'foreign income' area? Or just one? (I live and work abroad)

I work for a foreign company and also live in a foreign country. Do I add all my income to both places on the income page or only to the foreign income slot?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No--you never double enter anything unless you want your tax return to show double the amount of income you actually received.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0  That is awesome to hear. I do contract work for a foreign company on foreign soil. To clarify, this is considered 'foreign income' and isn't labeled as 'self-employment income?'

Anonymous
Not applicable

in addition you may qualify to excluded some or all foreign earned income by completing form 2555

@Anonymous I started over and only added Foreign Income - no self-employment income. It says I don't have to pay any tax on all of our income. Only thing I must pay is for TurboTax Deluxe (the free version didn't have the appropriate forms for foreign income).