Returning Member

IRS sent refunds amount on 1040 instead of 1040X.


I finished my 1040 on Turbotax premier for 2018 and did not file.  Instead I had filed for an extension. As there were several changes to my figures.


Upon my return to Turbotax in October, the software won't allow my to change the information on the original 1040.  Instead it kept pushing me to amend and file 1040X.

Therefore I filed my taxes on 1040X for 2018.


IRS sent me a refund of the original 1040 amount, that is significantly higher than the 1040X refund.


What are my options?


Sidd Siddiqui