Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I am married filing jointly and two boys between 18-20 years age. Our income combined is just under 160k before adjustment. Last year it was similar numbers. We have mortgage interest of 12k, property tax of 5k, and both boys are in school and we support them and pay their tuition partly. Last year I was allowed to itemized as was the case every year previously and usually end up with about 32-33k in deductions. Usually end up with 1-3k of refunds but this year owe 4k plus...only thing I can readily tell is that when I claim AOC for the boys, it does not make a difference like last year not does my property taxes it seems.
I am not 100% sure what the issue is but we should have taken 0 on withholding but didn't because we were not paying attention and left our withholding on 2 for wife's w-4. If I got nothing back this year even that would be understandable but in my and many others cases, we owe 3-4k so that is a 5-7 k swing which I don't think is reasonable, maybe I'm missing something but from the responses so far it looks like others with similar numbers are in the same situation so I'm going to have to get a payment plan setup with IRS I guess