Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@crafty redhead wrote:

I'm on line B2,

B2?  Don't even attempt to do this inn the forms mode unless you know *exactally* what you are doing and what forms need to be linked together.   The forms mode is for viewing forms and finding problems, not direct data entry unless you are a tax expert.

"So my situation was I got a distribution of $6600, and I paid back $2500 within 60 days. (well technically I paid back more than that, but since I took the $6600 distribution out in several chunks apparently I can only "pay back" the first one, GRRR)." 

That does not make sense.  If you took a $6,600 distribution what do you mean that you "paid  back" (rolled over) more than that?   The fact that you took the $6,600 in more than one distribution is immaterial as long as the rollover was within 60 days of the distribution.  Your 2015 1099-R should show the total 2015 distribution and the allowable rollover amount would be the total amount returned within 60 days.

Enter the 1099-R as in the answer above and answer the follow up questions that you rolled over part or all of the distribution do not use the forms mode.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**