Get your taxes done using TurboTax

TurboTax never goes by the IRS efile system deadline, I assume because they have to get their products ready for tax year 2019.   They always impose their own deadline.  Last year they did extended efiling capability for several days due to disaster zones, but it also allowed others to keep efiling as well, if I recall correctly.  

We're trying to get TurboTax to confirm if the switch has already been thrown for some users, and will soon be thrown for all users.   I suspect it has been cutoff for anyone who did not initially file prior to October 15, based on a scenario I can try in my desktop software.

What is your situation?   Have you already finished your return started before October 15 deadline, and did you try to efile today?  If so, what happened, and what did it tell you?   Did you get an error message that you could not efile?

And are using Online TurboTax or the desktop software (CD/download)?   My desktop software on a test return says efiling is closed, but it lets me to continue past that and choose "efile" on the next screen.  So I don't know what would happen if I continued to the end and whether it would let me successfully efile or not..