Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ tpratorius wrote:

I decided last year to do my taxes from buying the cd and downloading which was a big mistake because I wasn't able to connect it with all the years past that I did it online.  Now, I downloaded the cd and they cant find me in the system from last year.  I don't want to have to put all of the information in again.  What should I do.

Last year you could have downloaded  your prior *.taxYYYY data file from your online account, and transferred it into your desktop software, so that you wouldn't have lost continuity with the data.   You didn't need to enter the data from scratch.   We could have told you how to transfer the data from a prior online return to a desktop return.

Are you getting ready to prepare a 2018 return in desktop software installed on your computer?    If you prepared your 2017 return in desktop software last year, you can transfer the *.tax2017 data file into your 2018 return.     Do you have the *.tax2017 data file from last year?

Are you using a Mac or PC?

"they cant find me in the system from last year."

Are you referring to your Online account?   If you prepared the 2017 return in desktop software last year, it will not be in an online account--it would only be on your computer or wherever you archived it.   As I asked above, do you have the *.tax2017 data file you prepared last year?

Or are you saying when you log into your online account, you can't find any evidence of any prior online returns at all; i.e, prior to 2017?   If that's the case, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts, but the online account won't have the *.tax2017 data file if it was prepared in desktop software last year.