Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ pchinmoy wrote:

I am having the same issue. 

I filed 2017 tax return using Turbo Tax Premier Online. Filed for federal and CA state tax. Now I am trying to file an amendment using Mac and it keeps asking me to download the state return in a loop. What should i do? 

Have you restarted your computer since installing the program?

Have you tried starting a fake new return just long enough to download the CA state software?  If so, does the problem with the CA loop still exist?  If so, see if the following info helps any.  

This was happening for some 2018 Mac users a few weeks ago in regards to California state download.   Maybe the same thing is happening in your 2017 software.

First be sure your 2017 software has the latest updates.  Has it updated?

If problem still occurs, then try the following maneuver which TurboTax Support mentioned a few weeks ago.  Maybe the state download is not being extracted.

1. Select the Go menu.
  2. Choose Go to Folder.
  3. Enter ~/Library and select Go.
  4. Navigate to the Application Support folder.
  5. Open the TurboTax folder.
  6. Open the forms folder and extract the state zipped folder listed there.
  7. Once completed, relaunch TurboTax.

If that doesn't solve it, here's how to phone Customer Support on Monday.

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number. Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the Mac operating sytem, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact