jerik-elm

MN State Tax rejection is looking for 1040A

I took the standard federal deduction, and it appears that turbotax is itemizing my state return. After submitting my state taxes, they were rejected saying my 'mortgage interest and points not reported on federal form 1098'. Since I took the standard deduction, I don't believe this is on my federal tax return.

This the rejection erro:
Description of error:

Your return could not be processed for e-filing due to incorrect or missing information on your Home mortgage interest and points not reported on federal Form 1098.

What needs to be done:
When reporting "Interest paid not reported on a Form 1098 " on your federal return, the name, identification number, address must be completed. Answer "Yes" on the question "Did you buy your home from the recipient and NOT receive a Form 1098" . Enter the Identificstion ID (SSN or EIN) and address of the recipeint. This information will be transferred to Form M1SA of your Minnesota return. Make the necessary changes and re-submit the return electronically. However, if the reject continues, you may want to file this return via U.S. Mail. To file your state return, print it and mail to the appropriate taxing authority.