May i have several questions related to filing by mail ?
- Do i need mail "2019 Form 1040-ES Payment Voucher 1 ~ 4" to IRS ? What are the vouchers for ?
- I own Federal tax, i understand i will need write a check and mail together with the documents. However i have refund from CA State tax return, may i ask how will CA State tax refund get back to me ? IRS will mail me a check ?
- For the mail address for Federal tax return and State tax return, are they the same address ? Do i need mail the documents separately to different address for Federal and State tax return ?
Thank you so much !
1. The vouchers are for making estimated quarterly tax payments. Since you owed on your Federal tax return they got printed. Please see these FAQs for additional information:
2. TurboTax should have asked you how you like to get the refund from your CA State tax return, if you did not enter any account information then you will receive a refund check by mail from CA.
3. The Federal and State return will be sent to different addresses. There should have been instructions with your printout. But you can look up the address for your federal return here: IRS mailing address. For your state return please look up the address here: CA mailing address
[Edit 3/29/2019 5:27]
For question 3), After i print out the Tax return, in the instructions, i didn't see there is anything related to mail the documents to CA mentioned. It only instructed me to mail the check and documents to "Internal Revenue Service" in San Francisco. Do i need to mail each copy of the print out to 2 different addresses ? In the CA mailing address provided above, i only see the addresses for types of return "540, 540 2EZ, 540NR, SCHEDULE X" and "SCANNABLE RETURNS 540", but my return is 1040 type, how can i find the correct address ?