jan-rod

I paid quarterly gross receipts taxes on my business income where I put that in my tax return

I paid NM State CRS gross receipts taxes for 2016, where do I put that information in my tax return, or does gross receipts taxes not have anything to do with my NM state taxes.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You will enter this in the Other Common Business Expense section under Taxes and Licenses for your Schedule C. You can use the steps here below to help you get to where you will enter your business receipts. 

1. Use these steps if you have already entered your business information:

• Type schedule c in the Search box in top right and click jump to schedule c 
  • You should be on the Here's the business info we have so far page (if you already entered the business information)
  • Click Edit next to your listed business and scroll down to Business Expenses section
  • Click Start/Update next to Other Common Business Expenses 
  • And then select Start/Update next to the Taxes and Licenses section there
  • You will enter the description and amounts here

Another option: Go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "schedule c", then click the topic in the list and follow steps above

2. Use these steps if you have not entered any business information at all:

• Type schedule c in the Search box in top right and click jump to schedule c 
  • This will take you to the Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2016? screen and you will answer Yes 
  • Go through and input your business information and you should go through about 11 screens and then see the Your Business page
  • On the Your Business page, scroll down to Business Expenses and click Start next to Other Common Business Expenses
  • Then scroll down and click Start next to Taxes and Licenses and enter your information here

The notes from the community and support refers to income tax for 2016.  the program is different and i cannot find where to put the gross receipts tax return information.  is that considered self-employment?

thank you

dbaker

PattiF
Expert Alumni

The taxes that you paid are listed as an expense in your jewelry business expense section.

In TurboTax Online, after you enter all of your income for your business, you will see the Expenses page

• Click on  Add expenses for this work
  • Choose Less common on the next page 
  • Click Show more at the bottom of the page until you see Taxes and Licenses
  • You may have to click Show more several times until Taxes and licenses show up

This is considered self-employment and your information will be entered into a Schedule C for your business return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"