Should I fill my name on this page if I am filing for my son? Also, next page does not let me click on how I feel about doing taxes. My Son is in his 30's

How should I check the boxes of how I feel about doing taxes when it does not let me check a box?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you are preparing a tax return for your son, you do not put your name on it.  Do not take the questions that ask "you" things as if they mean you literally.  The questions are asked as if they mean your son, since it is his tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you are using YOUR TurboTax account to also prepare your son's return, stop.  Your son will need his own TurboTax account.  If you prepare your son's return in your TT account, your return will be "overwritten" and will be lost forever.  See more info below on how to prepare a second return in TurboTax online.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***