Opus 17
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

They could but that doesn't make it legal.  The only clue you would have is if your tax return gets rejected for e-filing for using a duplicate SSN.  If that happens, and if you are the parent legally entitled to claim the dependents, just print your return and mail it to the IRS, don't change anything.  The IRS will investigate and sort it out.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post