rldwood

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

In regards to the question I submitted to you yesterday as to whether the Rocky Flats Settlement is taxable, I noticed in one of the "similar questions" below on this page, the first question asked was similar to mine.  That person did not receive a 1099 form either.  In my case, when I called the legal firm yesterday handling the Rocky Flay suit / settlement, asking as to when I could expect a 1099 form I was told that I would NOT be receiving one.  In the answer to the question previously mentioned, the response to that person was stated:   "Also, if the funds you received are considered taxable income, then you will receive a tax form.  Most settlements are reported on form 1099's. I would wait until after February 15, 2017, to assume that ones not coming. It could still be in transit."  Again, in my case I was told directly from the legal firm who is handling the Rocky Flats case that I definitely would not receive one.  To me, that is saying that it is not taxable.  Please respond.  Thank you.