Get your taxes done using TurboTax

How long will I be able to access my 2016 TurboTax Online return from your server?

If you haven't paid or filed yet, you can view, edit, print, or e-file your 2016 TurboTax Online return through October 16, 2017 (after which we close e-filing for the 2016 tax season).

If you missed that date, we'll let you print your 2016 return through October 30, 2017 unless you paid the 2016 PLUS, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed fee. In that case, you'll have access for one more year (through October 31 of 2018).

Tip: Paying for PLUS (if using Free Edition/Absolute Zero), Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed gives you access to all your TurboTax Online returns through October of the following year. Doing this every year lets you enjoy uninterrupted access to all your TurboTax Online returns both past and present.

Related Information:

·         When does access to my prior-year TurboTax Online returns expire?

·         How can I retain access to my 2016 Free Edition return without having to upgrade next year?

·         What if I need a prior-year TurboTax Online return and I'm not using TurboTax Online this year?

·         How do I add PLUS to Free Edition?

Deadlines for the 2016 filing season ….

·         October 16, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM local time to the customer- The final deadline to E-file your return for this tax year and be considered “on time” (assuming you filed an extension).

·         October 22, 2017 at 3 AM PST- Last day to fix rejected returns and not incur additional penalties or interest (again assuming an extension was filed and accepted

·         October 26, 2017 at 3 PM PST- Customers will no longer be able to sign into TurboTax Online itself, but still can access their MyTurboTax.