Get your taxes done using TurboTax

we actually moved in 2016 and again in 2017. In 2017 we paid the moving company directly. I had two employers but related companies. One employer agreed to reimb a flat amount which was less than what we paid but they grossed it up so they could deduct ss/mcr and the check would be the amount agreed  upon.  So i have a W-2 with just that amount on it. But there is nothing in Box 12 coded P.  So as of right now i have entered the amount we paid to moving company plus mileage on 3903 and of course the W-2 has been entered. So the new employer also agreed to pay for some moving expenses but didnt' start job until 1/1/18 so I just received a reimbursement check from them but they cut it out of A/P they did not issue a payroll check nor withhold any taxes. My income for 2018 will be half of what it was in 2017 so I'm thinking i should report the expense in the year it was paid and of course the one reimbursement will be reported because its on a W-2. Then report the 2018 reimbursement in 2018 with no offsetting expense because our tax rate will be lower in 2018. does this seem to be the correct way to do it?