Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks.  That's a great answer to some question, but not the one I asked.  My question wasn't about how to delete Form 2210, I already figured that out.  It was about whether or not I actually need that form.

To your comment... Part of what is and should be expected from TT is for it to generate the proper forms.  That means all forms that are required to be filed should be generated and all forms that are not should not be generated.  The user should be able count on being able to file the proper forms after using TT to prepare their return.  If there are any areas that are "unclear" about whether or not a form should be filed, I think the user should expect that TT will take that up directly with the tax authorities for clarification and build in the appropriate logic that generates the right forms.  The user doesn't have the same access to the tax authorities to be able to determine this as Intuit does so they reasonably assume that TT gets it right after experts build it into the program.

That being said, yes of course the user can enter data in a way that was not intended by TT developers that will cause the misgeneration of a form.  And of course there can also be a bug that needs to be fixed that causes a form to be generated when it shouldn't.  From what I am reading, such a bug may in fact exist in the current version of TT with respect to this form since there seem to be a lot of people seeing the form when they did not expect it.  Else maybe there is something in the program that is leading people to enter data incorrectly.  Either way, whatever the cause, hopefully that can be resolved.

Having said all that, what I am trying to determine is whether or not I actually need form 2210 since it does not seem like I can count on TT to reliably let me know if I do or not at this time.  So I am going beyond the question of the use of the program looking for an answer based on tax preparation knowledge rather than knowledge of how the program works.