pechg1

What if you have two jobs in one year, and you have two W-2's. How do you put it? This is my first time doing my taxes by the way.

I worked for 3 month in a fast food restaurant, and then quit. Three months later I got a new job, and I'm still currently in that job, but I have two W-2's. Exactly how do I do this? This is my first time doing my taxes.
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, when you have multiple employers in a year then you must report all the W-2s you receive on one tax return. You can enter many W-2s into TurboTax. 

If you have not already e-filed your return, then take the following steps to add multiple W-2s: 

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online, click Continue your return, then pick up where I left off  (if you are using TurboTax CD/ Download, then just open your return on your computer);
  2. Click search (near the top right of the screen) and type W-2, then click the Enter key;
  3. Select Jump to W-2, then follow the on-screen prompts.
  • If you entered a W-2 already, then click add another W-2. (See picture attached below.)  

However, if you already e-filed, then you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  

If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account add the W-2 and re-submit your return.  If the IRS accepts your return, then complete an amended tax return. You cannot e-file an amended return.   See the following to amend: Form 1040X.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had 2 jobs in 2018. I filed for only 1. I received my acceptance date and 25 days later I havent received my deposit. Do I need to file my other return to get my money

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@carlfair32

As Holly explained above, you file only ONE tax return, no matter how many W-2s you have.

Even if you received a refund from your filing, it won't be correct.

You must amend your 2018 return to add the second W-2. 

To learn more information on how to amend your return, please see this TurboTax FAQ.

NOTE: you should check your 2018 tax return's e-file status; it might have never been accepted, which is the same as not being filed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"