teaparty666
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I understand the MISC for use of a company car as a income benefit - as a employee if the company provides you with a car that you solely are given control and access/use of the car.  But would this apply to all the other employees to get a pro-rated MISC if the car was declared as available for ALL the employees to use and yet only a few of the employees actually made use of the car.  Seems like it would have to be offered as an opt-in option as others may not want or need the benefit and get dinged for the benefit as income.  

Here in my situation, with the Big 3 Auto companies providing the money to the UAW to provide the FREE benefit to its members, it may be something the Big 3's bean-counters INTERPRETED as a income benefit.  I believe they've screwed up (on PURPOSE!) and are trying to classify it as a taxable benefit in order to write some or all of their cost off in their taxes.  This Free legal service used to be available until they cancelled it a few years ago and just recently reinstated it in 2017 or 2016.  I had used the FREE service once, back in 2015 and did not receive a MISC for the FREE legal service provided then.