flotbunker
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks a lot. I have Home & Business TT. What about my lost cash  investment of 150K? Should i file it in income part and then will the TT  relate it with 1099-C? Will it compute my over all losses on this investment as 150K-94.5K=55.5K?  I do not still understand the nature of my responsibility of paying any taxes for the all amounts that i lost. I only deducted   mortgage  interest that i paid annually.
I do not understand The Seller's/Lender's overall benefits: It got 300K cash for the property upon closing plus 13 years x 9K = 117 K of interest paid by us  plus returned property evaluated as FMV of  189K + 11K (cash) but we as partners are responsible for 189K taxwise, not to mention property tax plus maintenance all these years that we paid. Where is our income? What about IRS publication 4681 saying' the ordinary income from the cancellation of debt over  the FMV of the property must be included in your gross income". I assume we are responsible for only 11K  but we paid it  back to the Lender.  Appreciate your comments. Thanks.