This is the first year I have filed taxes and I am on disability and both my children receive benefits also. I was just wondering did I do this correct?

Anita01

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If your only income was social security disability, you would not need to file a return.  You do not claim your children's benefits and if this is their only income, they also would not file a return.  If your disability is from somewhere other then SSDI, or if you are filing a joint return with your spouse, the answer could be different, so let us know.

View solution in original post

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hopefully you can find beneficial information here http://www.disabilitybenefitscenter.org/how-to/social-security-disability-taxes

The site does say, though:  " If this is your first year filing taxes while receiving Social Security Disability payments, you may want to hire a tax professional to help you through the tax process. A tax professional can help you understand how your Social Security Disability benefits affect your tax liabilities and can help you through the back-payment issue."