Has anyone ever dealt with have the code 570 on their transcript and then got 971 code I just want to see what could it be I know those letters take forever

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I got the exact same on mine. I think they have diff info on my return that what they received from my employer. I filed with a preparer, using my last check stub instead of w-2, because I wanted an advance, but got denied. I’m gonna call Tuesday, since tomorrow is a holiday,-‘d see if I can give them the info without waiting for a letter.

That what I was wondering if I can call without the letter
majaandme

Just an update. I just spoke with an IRS agent. She said that I was sent a letter last week, and when I get it, call back and verify the info. So, be on the look out for mail from them this week.

I have the same two codes. I tried to call the irs but they are busy.

"570" means there is an Additional Liability Pending or Credit hold and "971" means a Miscellaneous Transaction.   Not very informative.  I think you're going to need to wait for that letter.

View solution in original post

570 and 971

@lonniekeith3 Thanks.

I have the same two codes. I did receive a 5071c letter, but I’m unsure if the 570 code pertains to the 5071c letter or if there’s a new letter coming.