Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I was in your shoes ten or twelves years. Tired of paying a high priced CPA firm when I felt he had my taxes done before I left his office (using his own tax software). I did the hard part by bring all the year end numbers to him. If this is your first year, I highly recommend using TurboTax Home & Business (the desktop version). It has several features that the online versions do not provide. Getting it at Amazon or Costco early in the season will be your best price.

So long as you have last years Depreciation Report you can enter all of you farm assets into TurboTax accurately. Once they are entered and the depreciation matches up with what your CPA has been using, TurboTax will automatically calculate current year allowed depreciation. Remember you are required to take depreciation and required to report the sale or disposal of depreciating or depreciated assets (often called business property). So keeping a Depreciation Schedule/Report up to date is important and it's all built into TurboTax. It does take some time, effort and learning. There are lots of resources, one of them this forum. There are many people here to help but it is your responsibility to be sure you are doing it right.

View solution in original post