How will my tax payment appear on my credit card statement?

I have two charges on my Credit Card statement?  If I pay my taxes through TurboTax, what will it say on my statement?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

This IRS page says the tax due says.....United State Treasury Tax Payment

And the credit card convenience fee is Tax Payment Convenience Fee

https://www.irs.gov/uac/pay-taxes-by-credit-or-debit-card

I have a charge for 2,245 to OPC*US TREASURE PMNT.  I didn't pay my taxes through Turbo, so can't figure out how this charge came to be.  I paid through a different source.  I found out that OPC stands for Official Payment Corporation.  I've never been on this site.  Does Turbo use OPC to make payments to IRS?  If so, I didn't authorize this payment.

It isn't for the payment you made to the IRS?  Turbo Tax doesn't pay your taxes.  They just send your bank or credit card info to the IRS then the IRS takes it out of your account.  How did you put down to pay?  Is it the right amount?  Did it get paid twice?

Yes - I put down to pay via check - mail-in.  But, some how I got deducted OPC*US Treasury payment.  I just wondered if somehow my CC that I paid for TurboTax was used to also pay my taxes, even though I didn't opt to do so.  Guess Not.  I will dispute the charge.

same thing is happening to me. paid with my discover credit card on turbo tax and somehow have 2 payments with 2 different banks. Turbo tax and intuit are not showing any saved visa cards and yet i have a duplicate charge on there.

visa charge from turbo tax = $62.89

discover charge from "us treas tax pymt franklin tn" AND "service fee" = $62.95

going to have to call my discover bank and ask what the us treas charge is all about because turbo tax isn't sure

MonikaK1
Employee Tax Expert

If you choose to pay your TurboTax fee from your refund, that amount will be attributed to Santa Barbara Tax Products, the bank that handles those payments.

If you pay your taxes using a credit card, there will be a service charge on the credit card in addition to the tax paid to the government:  a 2.49 percent fee is charged when you use a credit card to e-file your return. The charge is applied by the payment processor rather than by TurboTax directly.

If you pay the IRS directly online with a credit card, see here for an explanation of credit card and debit card charges.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"