maglib
Level 11

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

After you enter the dividend, and if it was misreported, In TT after you hit continue, there is an option to check "Some qualified dividends or Section 199A dividends are from securities that didn't meet the required holding period."  After checking this box and hitting continue, you will be able to enter the amount misreported.

A dividend being qualified or not is determined by a basic formula: If the shares are owned for more than 60 days during the 121-day period that begins 60 days before the ex-dividend date, then the dividend is qualified; otherwise it is not.There are more rules:
Another requirement is that the shares be unhedged; that is, there were no puts, calls, or short sales associated with the shares during the holding period.

Mutual funds
All of the following requirements must be met:

The fund must have held the security unhedged for at least 61 days out of the 121-day period that began 60 days before the security’s ex-dividend date. (The ex-dividend date is the date after the dividend has been paid and processed and any new buyers would be eligible for future dividends.)
For certain preferred stock, the security must be held for 91 days out of the 181-day period, beginning 90 days before the ex-dividend date. The amount received by the fund from that dividend-generating security must have been subsequently distributed to you.
You must have held the applicable share of the fund for at least 61 days out of the 121-day period that began 60 days before the fund’s ex-dividend date.
Stock
You must have held those shares of stock unhedged for at least 61 days out of the 121-day period that began 60 days before the ex-dividend date.
For certain preferred stock, the security must be held for 91 days out of the 181-day period beginning 90 days before the ex-dividend date.
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.