Will you have in Turbotax 2017, a section where one could use 2017 tax data to apply to the new 2018 tables to project 2018 taxes, if next year's income same?

I have to much data to apply into taxcaster, I am hoping for an easy one click projection using Turbotax 2017 software to access my exiting data to project for 2018.

Thank You Don Schmitt 

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, using TurboTax for Desktop, you can produce a "What-If Worksheet" using 2018 tax tables.

1. Open your return and click on Forms in the upper right of the screen.  
  2. Click on Open Form in the upper left of the screen.  
  3. Type in what-if and click on Open to bring the form into the large window.  
  4. With the What-If worksheet open you can check the box(es) under Description of Alternatives to use the 2018 tax rates for each scenario you will be running.

To return to the main section of TurboTax, click Step-by-Step in the header.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

nohurley

Why isn't this "what-if" feature built into the online version also? Seems like an obvious thing to offer customers since (I believe) most do not buy the desktop version.
aekblade

HR Block has it!  C'mon turbo tax.  We need this on the online version!

I agree. I’ve been a customer of the online system for 5 years. Having the online version lack the ability  to use 2017 data and project taxes under the 2018 law is enough to have me change systems to another vendor.
sathyamy

Any idea if 2018 estimation is available in online version?

Online does not have the "what-if?" feature.  You can try the tax caster tool:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@japappas3690  Online version is for simple tax returns, and so is TaxCaster, I suppose.
No need to switch vendors, switch to CD/Download.
nohurley

Unbelievable that Intuit only provides the "what-if" estimating tool in the CD version!!!  How hard can it be to include the same programing into the online version?  REALLY?