CRL
Level 2

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you both for the help. I will include some additional information. I repaid the bonus in 2018 and the amount minus the Social Security and Medicare which I did not have to repay was still greater than $3,000.

I received the following email from my former employer. "Upon repayment, the firm will file a Form W-2C for the year that the wages were included in your W-2. The Form W-2C will reflect a reduction in Medicare wages and, if applicable Social Security wages equal to the amount of taxable income repaid. The Form W-2C WILL NOT change the amount of your federal and applicable state taxable wages or income tax withholdings from the amounts reported on the original W-2.  For additional information, please refer to IRS Publication 525, Taxable and Nontaxable Income, and the instructions to Form W-2C as a reference."

Based on what you said above it looks like I might be eligible to deduct it from my income or take a credit. Is this something I would be able to do with TurboTax myself?

Thanks again!