How come I only get $2000 back for two dependents? Could it be that I didn't make much that year? I thought the less you made the more you may get back? Or Vice Versa?

Also I only made $3370 unfortunately, could this be why?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If your income for 2015 was only $3370, you have no tax liability, so you cannot get child tax credit.  You get a small amount of additional child tax credit, and some earned income credit of about $1350.  If you had any tax withheld from your W-2 you must be getting that back except for anything held for Social Security and Medicare.

When you enter your dependents and your income into your tax return, TT automatically calculates the child tax credit, additional child tax credit, and includes EIC if you qualify for it. So if you qualified for EIC it is already showing in your refund. If you do not understand the amount of EIC you are receiving, please look at the chart for EIC—look for the number of children you claimed and your income, and you will see how much EIC you are supposed to be getting.  

There is a table that starts on page 29 of IRS publication 596 regarding EIC and the amount you can receive for your earned income:

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p596.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**