sjmanoush

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you very much!! There does seem to be a schedule C associated with my 1099 misc for my PA return, but there is no space to report amount gain/loss.  I suppose the net loss is transferred from the federal return?  The end result is 0 income and 0 tax for PA. On my NJ return, however, the "my business" section does show the net loss.   Am I responsible for paying Philadelphia taxes on my 1099 misc income?  There doesn't seem to be a way to do this through turbo tax, so do I need to do it separately?  And, another question about reciprocal states..... on my NJ return, when it's time to report credits for taxes paid to reciprocal states, it carries over the amounts for "double taxed income" and "tax paid to PA on double taxed income" from my PA return... so both numbers are 0.  I am filling in the appropriate numbers from my W2, but on the bottom of the screen it says "Note: Do not enter the income amount and taxes withheld from your W-2. We need the actual numbers from your other state's tax return."  If I leave them 0, though, I won't get the credit....  Thank you again for answering all these questions.